The Curriculum for Excellence Learner’s Journey
At Roseburn Primary we support our pupils to gain the knowledge, skills and attributes needed for life in the 21st Century which include the essential skills for learning, life and work.
The Scottish curriculum, The Curriculum for Excellence, is designed to provide a coherent, flexible and enriched curriculum from 3 to 18. The curriculum includes everything which is planned for children throughout their time with us at Roseburn through the four contexts for learning:
- Curriculum areas and subjects
- Interdisciplinary learning
- Ethos and life of the school
- Opportunities for personal achievement.
There are eight curriculum areas:
- Expressive arts
- Health and wellbeing
- Languages (including English, Gaidhlig, Gaelic learners and modern languages)
- Religious and moral education
- Social studies
Literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing are recognised as being particularly important – these areas are the ‘responsibility of all’ staff.
More information for parents / carers on the Curriculum for Excellence can be found on the links below.